Today we had our 28 week appointment. It was an active one for sure. First I had to drink the gross sugary orange drink for the gestational diabetes test. Then we got to see the doctor. We asked about the flu vaccine...apparently we both need to be vaccinated as soon as possible for both regular and swine flu since we'll have an infant around during flu season...so once the vaccines are available, we'll be getting shots. Baby B got another good review.
Next, we had to go back to the lab and wait until an hour had passed since I drank the gross drink. After an hour, they took 3 vials of blood (so I think I'm up to 20+ total for the pregnancy between all the different tests). Then I had a date with the doctor's nurse, Debbie, for my RHOGAM shot (because I have a negative blood type). This shot was the part that I have been dreading since I found out I had to get it. Debbie is awesome...she gave me the shot in the hip (actually more like my left butt cheek) and it hurt less than getting blood drawn!
Now we are on a two week frequency for doctor's appointments. Our next appointment is September 24th. I can't believe Baby B will be here in 10-12 weeks! Time has definitely flown! Well, maybe I should qualify that by saying time has flown since the morning sickness ended and I got over the ear infection!
On a different note, we're very excited that our friends Rachel and Spencer will be welcoming little Eliza tomorrow. Keep them in your thoughts and prayers!
No comments:
Post a Comment