Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Head's down, chubby cheeks and 6 lbs 11 oz (YIKES!)

Baby B is NOT breech. His/her head is down. Baby B's spine runs along my left side with the butt on the left side as well. His/her legs, feet and hands are all on the upper right side, which would explain why I feel ALL the movement there.

Baby B also has chubby cheeks (I'll have Brian scan in the picture tomorrow and post it) and a little hair on his/her head. Unfortunately for me, Baby B is already weighing in at 6 lbs 11 oz. They say that only within 2 lbs of accuracy, but we're guessing it is pretty accurate. And you can expect that to increase by at least a pound (lbs Dad lbs!) and a half before birth. That means we'll likely be looking at a 8 lb baby...which is good for Baby B but maybe not so good for me! Brian was a 10 lb baby and I was just over 9 lbs so we weren't too surprised. As I said...YIKES! Oh yeah and the head is already measuring at 39 weeks...again not surprising considering the size of this poor baby's parents' heads!

Dr. Seiler checked to see if I was dilated at all and I'm not at all. She commented that the baby is still extremely high.

In other not fun news, it appears that we've drawn the short straw and our original day care plans are not going to work out as we had planned. Long, very upsetting story so I'll save you the drama that we've both gone through over the past 24 hours. Luckily we think we've already identified another option. We'll know more after we visit on Friday.

3 comments:

  1. Those estimates can be off. Based on their predictions, Jackson should have been 7 1/2 or 8 pounds and he was 9! I think the parents weight is important. Russell and I were both around 9 pounds. We can't wait to see Baby B's pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, I am so sorry to hear that the daycare fell through! Curse them! If you want more info on where we're sending baby, let me know. I haven't checked out the facility, but Stuart has visited a few times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for Baby B!! You are in for some amazing times...make sure you have your bag packed. Miss Hannah blessed us with her arrival a week early and neither one of us had anything ready. Make sure Brian carries his cell phone with him at all times...Craig had left his at home to go run an errand when my water broke--the phone hasn't left his side ever since!! Being a mommy is the best thing in the world...you will absolutely love it! Prayers and best wishes as you count down weeks, then days, then hours :). Love to all three of you!!

    ReplyDelete