Monday, March 28, 2011

16 Months!

Somehow I missed the 15 month update...so here's a little bit of a longer one for 16 months!

Little Evan isn't so much a baby any more.  His 15th month brought many milestones.  Most of all, in our eyes, he really changed from a baby to a little boy.  I think that must come with the walking territory. Time is flying.  I cannot believe that I've been at work and that Ms. Irene has blessed our family for an entire year already! 

Evan is such a joy (well except for maybe tonight...but I think he was just super tired!!  He went to bed at 6:15 pm!).  He is a professional walker and prefers to walk if he can get himself up.  He's not quite to the point where he can totally get himself up off of the ground yet, but he's figured out if he crawls to a wall or piece of furniture that is close by, it is easy.  He loves to laugh.  He has a great sense of humor...at least that is what Grandma Candi and Grandpa Max say.  He knows when things are funny and does things that he knows are funny.  The other day he was walking around the couch trying to hide from Brian and actually surprised Brian by coming from the opposite side to what Brian was expecting him to.  They both got a big kick out of that one.  He also still LOVES to read.  Right now his favorite books are the word books that have a bunch of pictures labeled with their name.  He'll point and make you say every word on the page.  He also LOVES LOVES LOVES to be outside.  We actually can't even say that word in our house anymore.  We have to spell it.  He loves to walk around outside (still a little uncertain in the grass...he needs a hand to hold) and loves to go on walks in his stroller.  He loves to go to the park to swing and slide and loves to go visit the animals at the zoo.  He is still quite the eater but I'll admit it is pretty frustrating right now.  He's to the point where he can pretty much feed himself an entire meal, but he won't feed himself the good stuff.  So we have to pump the veggie purees in him.  He doesn't like to depend on us to do that and meals typically end in tears.  Hopefully it will get better soon.  He loves Oreos and cheese.  Actually I think if you did a taste test, he'd prefer cheese to Oreos! 

We're truly blessed!






He's got 6 teeth now.  And hopefully more on the way.  He really wants a steak! 


Still loves to suck his fingers to relax.  Love the Easter egg as his comfort???  Funny dude.  His favorite comfort is actually the Velcro on his shoes!

"I'm talking to YOU!"

No comments:

Post a Comment