Monday, April 11, 2011

First Trip to the Beach! (Part 1)

My Grandma and Grandpap (Pa Pa as I call him) visited two weeks ago.  We all headed down to Port Aransas for a weekend at the beach.  My parents rented a house that was nicer than ours in Victoria, and it had steps, so that kept everyone on their toes with me motoring around all weekend!  I wore myself and everyone else out going up and down the steps.  I need lots of help, but I hope not to fail stair climing in preschool like my mom did!

I LOVED the beach.  Not really a surprise since I LOVE to be outside.  I loved everything about it...the sounds, the sand, the water, and most of all the BIRDS!  It was a wonderful long weekend for everyone.  I'm glad we did it in April because I would get too hot later in the summer!


My first glimpse of the ocean.


Auntie Jenn's new favorite picture of me (Mommy can't figure out how to turn it in the blog...she saved it vertical before loading it but it still loaded horizontal...any ideas other bloggers?)

Mommy's new favorite picture of me.

I had this really strange thing go on with my eyes during this week.  On Wednesday (two days before we went to the beach), I woke up with a swollen right eye.  It took 2 days to go away and when Daddy took me to the doctor on Thursday morning, the doctor said he thought it might be a bug bite or allergies.  On Saturday morning when I woke up at the beach, it was my left eye that was swollen.  This one pretty much cleared up by Sunday morning.  Who knows what was really wrong but it didn't seem to bug me!  I did look pretty funny and I'm sure someday I'll thank Mom and Dad for taking this picture.

I loved walking by the ocean.  I loved getting wet.

A rare sighting of a blue heron! 

I loved walking on the beach.  I would purposely fall because it didn't hurt at all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment